Lobsta Truck – My First Lobster Roll Rolls Into Town

by Franklin on April 26, 2011

Living in Los Angeles, I rarely have the opportunity to have Lobster Rolls. In fact, I never had a lobster roll in my life.  Shocking!  It’s more of an east coast thing anyways, right?  I mean, it’s lobster. When I think of lobster, and lobster rolls, I think of states like Maine or east coast cities near the water.  That is why when I saw the Lobsta Truck at the Santa Anita Food Truck Fest, I jumped on the opportunity — the opportunity to try my first lobster roll — from a food truck of all places.

Let me just tell you a little about this food truck fest.  This places was packed!  There were so many people waiting in line for food, and the Lobsta Truck had one of the longest lines.  Kudos to you guys.  Check out the video below to see how long it was. (It’s fun to listen in on the people chatting in line about what they ate.)  The line literally snaked around other trucks and other lines.  It almost became hard to distinguish which line was for the Lobsta Truck.

This truck offers a simple menu — lobster rolls, crab rolls, and clam chowder. They even have woopie pies and ice cream sandwiches, but I came here for the lobster roll and clam chowder.  So how was my first lobster roll?  Freaking delicious — I mean, it is lobster after all. Yeah, it was my first lobster roll, and I don’t have any value of comparison.  It is lobster — it’s good no matter what.  Thankfully, at 12 bucks a pop, they sure didn’t skimp on the meat.  There were huge chunks of lobster meat in every bite. The best part was the split top bread, perfectly buttered, and perfectly toasted on each side.  The worst part was noticing that I had fished it all.  All good things must come to an end, and this time around, it was the lobster roll.

This truck opened my eyes to lobster rolls.  Where can I get a good lobster roll in Los Angeles anyways? Until I find that restaurant, the Lobsta Truck is going to have to do for now.  By the way, you guys should feel honored @LobstaTruck — you guys served me my first lobster roll!

Lobsta Truck on Urbanspoon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

briarrose April 26, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Wonderful pictures of that treat…worth the wait in line I am sure. 🙂

Tiffany April 26, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Being from New England, when I think of lobster, I think of the east coast too. But these rolls look pretty freakin’ tasti if you ask me!

Lindsey@Lindselicious April 27, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Yum I have never had one either. It is on my list when I go to Boston though, but maybe I’ll take a sneak peak if I see the truck around town. =)

Danielle D. April 27, 2011 at 7:16 PM

This looks ridiculously delicious! I wish I wasn’t allergic to shellfish. I’m such a carb fiend and that bread looks amazing in all its buttery, artery-clogging glory. Wish I could give you a recommendation on a great lobster roll in L.A.!

Sweet U C April 27, 2011 at 10:09 PM

The bread looks beautiful. Interesting video that, really can’t tell which line goes where?!

Evelyne@CheapEthnicEatz April 28, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Nice pics and happy you had your first Lobster rolls. I have not had many in my life but I am always left wanting more…which gets expensive lol.

Mary @ Delightful Bitefuls April 28, 2011 at 6:48 PM

OMG! That sounds incrediblllle!! Drooling!

New to your blog; happy I found you!

Mary
Delightful Bitefuls

SinoSoul May 4, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Still resigning myself to simply eat The Truck’s lobster roll vicariously through blog posts. With lobster prices significantly down, and $10 lobster still available in many SGV restaurants (Think: Seafood Harbor), a $12 mobile lobster roll is really hard to justify.

Franklin May 4, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Yes. $12 is still expensive, but this lobster roll was pretty good. Can’t really compare because I still haven’t had it anywhere else. I hear other places in LA can range from 15 – 25 bucks. But I’m sure those are the cream of the crop.